Dr. Rūta Petereit
Dietitian Rūta Petereit, MD, PhD.
Education and Qualification
- 2004-2005 – Internist at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Hospital
- 2005-2008 – Dietology Residency at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Hospital;
- 2009-2013 – Gastroenterology Doctorant at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences;
- 2014 June 27 defended Doctoral degree in medical sciences “Nutrition habits, adherence to dietary recommendations and factors leading to weight loss and return after surgery”
- 2019 February – Graduate of the Introductory Psychotherapy Course (Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy) at the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (LSMU) Behavioural Medicine Clinic (4800 hours);
- 2019 March – Basic training in motivational interviewing;
- 2012 – Patients knowledge about nutrition and vitamin and mineral use after gastric bypass;
- 2013 – Modern opinion about obesity nutrition. Gastroenterology and Hepatology;
- 2014 – Nutrition in pregnancy after bariatric surgery;
- 2014 – Gastrointestinal symptoms and eating behaviour among morbidly obese patients undergoing Roux-en-Y gastric bypass;
- 2016 – Lactase non-persistence is directed by DNA-variation-dependent epigenetic aging.
- 2007-2014 – Assistant at Gastroenterology Department at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences;
- Since 2008 – Dietology physician at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences;
- Since 2014 – Lecturer at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences;
- Since 2016 January 22 – President of the Lithuanian Society of Nutritionists;
- Since 2016 September – President of the Lithuanian Overweight and Obesity Association “Lobesity”.
Areas of clinical, scientific and pedagogical work: treatment of overweight and obesity in children and adults, nutritional correction after gastric reduction operations, enteral and parenteral nutrition.
The dietitian speaks fluent English.