For Candy’s story (case featured on itv’s TONIGHT) click here.
Movement is one of the most important things in every person’s life, so even the smallest disorder that starts to restrict movement severely bitter the life. One of these disorders – is hip joint wear.
Hip joints are responsible for two main functions – mobility and stabilization. First, they let you move forwards and backward, to sides and turn. Second, hips amortize hits to the upper body and that is vitally important for the human organism. Over time the cartilaginous tissue covering the joints wears away and joints became painful and stagnant, so usually the only method to heal that is to change the joint with an implant.
- In short: Hip replacement is a surgical procedure in which the hip joint is replaced with a prosthetic implant
- Done under general or spinal anesthesia by a team of experienced surgeons
- Length of hospitalization: 2 nights (included)
- Minimum required to stay abroad: 10 days
- Waiting time: none/very short
- Trustpilot rating (by UK & EU patients): 4.8/5. Top Clinic in Lithuania, EU
- Hip replacement surgery cost: from €3650 / £3,168 (see price table below)
- Hip implant cost: from €3200 / £2,778 (see price table below)
- Rehabilitation after surgery: €150 / £130 per day
- Possible refund from your local health board: yes (only pay for the flight from your own pocket)
- Implants used: Zimmer Biomet, Smith & Nephew (excellent biocompatibility)