If your knee is severely damaged by arthritis or injury, it may be hard for you to perform simple activities, such as walking or climbing stairs. You may even begin to feel pain while you are sitting or lying down.
If nonsurgical treatments like medications and using walking supports are no longer helpful, you may want to consider total knee replacement surgery. Joint replacement surgery is a safe and effective procedure to relieve pain, correct leg deformity, and help you resume normal activities.
- In short: knee replacement is a minimally-invasive surgery in which damaged parts of the knee joint are replaced with an artificial one
- Result: pain is relieved and movement ability increases
- Done under general or spinal anesthesia by a team of experienced surgeons
- Length of hospitalization: 2-3 nights (included)
- Minimum required stay abroad: 10 days
- Waiting time: none/very short
- Trustpilot rating (by UK & EU patients): 4.8/5. Top Clinic in Lithuania, EU
- Knee replacement surgery cost: from €3650 / £3,131 (see price table below)
- Knee implant cost: from €3000 / £2,573 (see price table below)
- Rehabilitation after surgery: €130 / £112 per day
- Possible refund from your local health board: yes (only pay for the flight from your own pocket)
- Implants used: Zimmer Biomet, Smith & Nephew (excellent biocompatibility)
Recommendations after knee replacement surgery you can find here.