The Gastric Sleeve Surgery (or Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy) is a bariatric procedure that removes 75-80% of the stomach. It is now the most commonly performed bariatric procedure worldwide.
Compared to other weight loss surgery procedures, a sleeve gastrectomy is a relatively short and simple operation. It takes about 60 to 90 minutes. Your surgeon may still want you to stay in the hospital for one to two days afterward. This way, they can help manage your pain and any temporary side effects of surgery, such as nausea.
- In short: A gastric sleeve is a surgical procedure that involves removing a large portion of your stomach.
- Done under general anesthesia by a team of experienced surgeons
- Length of hospitalization: 2 nights (included)
- Minimum required stay abroad: 6 days
- Waiting time: none / very short
- Trustpilot rating (by UK & EU patients): 4.8/5. Top Clinic in Lithuania, EU
- All-included cost: €5900 / £5,061 (see price table below)
- Possible refund from your local health board: yes (only pay for the flight from your own pocket)