Nose surgery (nose job) quick facts:
- All-inclusive reference price for septorhinoplalsty – €2875/£2,551
- Nose bridge correction – €1275/£1,131
- Nose tip surgery (full) – €1875/£1,664
- Nose hump reduction – €1975/£1,752
- Overnight stay at the clinic – yes
- Minimum required stay in Lithuania – 5 days
- Removing the hump on the bridge of nose
- Narrowing nose
- Refining or reshaping the tip of nose
- Correcting a deviated septum, cartilage separating the two nasal passages
- Within limits, many features of nose may be modified to make it more attractive or regular.
Nose tip surgery – this surgery is performed when the nose bridge is straight and only the nose tip deformations appear. During this surgery the nose tip can be narrowed, shortened, or both.
Septoplasty seeks to straighten the nasal septum (cartilage) thus improving breathing through the nose. There is no alteration in the external nose appearance during this surgery.
Rhinoseptoplasty (surgery of the nose and nasal septum) – this surgery includes both the correction of the external nose appearance and the deviated nasal septum.
(Nose Job) Procedure
The surgery is mostly done under general sedation. It may also be performed using intravenous anesthesia. This procedure may be carried out at the same time as other cosmetic facial procedures. Usually nose surgeries last from one to two hours and patients have to stay one night at the clinic.
The procedure involves making incisions inside the nose or through small cuts beside the nose. Any scars are usually out of sight or inconspicuous. The skin is separated from the supporting bone or cartilage, which is then reshaped to the desired profile. Natural elasticity of the skin allows it to take its new position. To conclude the procedure, a small splint is placed over the nose for support and to reduce swelling. Gauze may be packed into the nose in order to to absorb bleeding , and is removed after one or two days.
The patient is able to recuperate, with adult assistance, at home or in the hotel. After rhinoplasty the patients are recommended to stay 5-10 days in Lithuania. The splint is taken out after five to seven days. Stitches to close incisions remain in place for about ten days. Swelling and bruising around the nose and eyes is normal for several weeks following the surgery. Temporary loss of feeling or sense of smell usually returns gradually over this period. Swelling may take as long as six months or more to fade completely. Depending upon the final result, a second, revision procedure may be required to correct minor irregularities. In rare cases, infection or bleeding may delay the healing or result in scar tissue. Thick or oily nose skin may be less adaptable in cosmetic surgery.
- The surgery corrects deformities of the nose framework under the skin, can change the shape of the nostrils or change the angle between the nostrils and the lip.
- Depending on the extent of the problem, the surgery can be performed with different incisions. To address problems with the tip, sometimes a small incision is made between the nostrils. If the nostrils are too wide they can be reshaped during the procedure.
- Splints on the outside and perhaps inside the nose might be necessary after the surgery.
Sample before & after photos:
Prices in £ might vary due to exchange rate fluctuations (against the €).
|Nose Surgery||Approximate price in €||in £|
|The reference prices of Nose Surgery|
|Nose bridge correction||1275||1,131|
|Nose tip surgery||1875||1,664|
|Secondary rhinoplasty (price may differ)||around 3075||~2,729|
|Nose hump reduction||1975||1,752|