Click to show/hide quick facts about Weight-loss Surgery
- Gastric Bypass – digestive system is re-routed past most of your stomach so you digest less food. As a result it takes less food to make you feel full.
- Gastric Band – band is used to reduce the size of the stomach and thus less food is required to make you feel full.
- Gastric Sleeve – a portion of stomach is removed and thus less food is required to make you feel full.
The procedures lead to a long-term weight loss of usually more than 60% of the bodyweight. Studies show that it also helps to recover from diabetes, cardiovascular problems, hyperlipidemia, reflux disease and significantly reduce the mortality rate which is associated with obesity.
The procedure is usually performed for those who have:
- Body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above
- Body mass index (BMI) of 35 or above together with other serious health conditions (e.g. type 2 diabetes)
Choosing Wellness Travels for your treatment will allow you to get the procedure whenever it is convenient for you because there is no waiting time.
You will get to know everything about the preparation procedure during the free online consultation with the doctor that will be treating you. In this case you will know everything about the exact price and the whole procedure that you will overcome after we know the specific case of yours.
The benefits of a bariatric surgery includes:
- Possibly lengthened life span
- Reduce the risk of dying from heart disease, diabetes, cancer
- Reduction in cholesterol level
- Decrease in blood pressure
- Possible solving of sleep apnea
- Improved social life
- Arround 60% of weight is lost
After the procedures patients should undergo a strict diet in order to lose weight and limit complications. The doctor that will be treating you will prepare an individual diet for every patient undertaking the procedure.
Read some of the diet instructions
Bariatric surgeries involve high risks so you have to take it on your own caution. Most people experience no serious problems after weight loss surgeries, in 10% of cases there are minor complications. Less than 5% of patients treated unfortunately experience serious complications.
Posssible complications include:
- Even though it is rare, in about 0.3% cases the treated patient can die following the procedure.
- In less than 1% pulmonary embolism may occur
- For 2% of the patients’ treated a leakage of fluid to the abdominal cavity and infection occur. In this case, antibiotics or additional operation are required.
- Sometimes (less than 0.5% cases) the surgery must be converted from laparascopic approach to open procedure
- In about 10% of the cases ulceration of the anastomosis occurs, which can be treated with medication or a special diet.
- It sometimes occurs that excessive scars can lead to narrowing intestinal diameter and make it hard for the liquids to pass. In this case gastro-endoscopic procedure is required to correct the problem.
- After the procedure the patient can have lack of minerals and vitamins, which can be corrected by food supplements and a well-balanced diet.
- Gastric dumping syndrome may occur, which makes the patient get cold sweat, feel increased heart beating and strange feelings in the stomach.
You will be guided through all the possible complications during your online consultation and your visit to Lithuania. This will result that you would be knowledgeable about every way the treatment can get to.
However, these are reference prices and expenses may vary on an individual basis depending on medical conditions and patient needs. The cost also does not include expenses incurred for complications, extended stay in the hospital or rehabilitation procedures. Individual patients may require other diagnostic testing or specialist consultations before and/or after surgery that would not be included in these totals as well.
|Weight-loss Surgery||Price in €||Price in £|
|The reference prices of weight-loss surgery|
This post is also available in: Engelska