Could not find an answer to your specific question in medical travel FAQ? Simply contact us or click on the live chat widget at the bottom right corner of your screen. We are believers in straightforward & honest communication.
Frequently asked questions
How does medical travel look like?
What are the benefits of medical travel?
- Lower costs than in the home country
- Better quality and/or customer service
- Lower waiting times for the desired procedure(s)
- All-inclusive care in and outside the clinic
- More privacy
Can I take someone else with me to a medical trip?
When it comes to accommodation & transportation the price will not differ much if you take someone with you. For example, a single room in our partner hotel is €32 per day, while a double is €38.
Can I organise a medical trip on my own?
In any case, if you decide to go on your own, still drop us a message! We will do our best to help.
Is medical travel safe?
Our clinic is known for its expertise and high healthcare standards; therefore, the risks are kept to a minimum. Yet, of course, every medical treatment has certain risks. All of them, even the least likely ones, will be discussed with you personally during the free online consultation. You can also look at the risks of certain treatments under their respective descriptions.
We understand that going abroad for medical treamtent/surgery is a big decision for you. Therefore, we always encourage prospective patients to do their research.
You can learn more about our clinic and physicians and the experience of the previous patients on our website, as well as other platforms (Trustpilot, Realself, etc.)
What if there will be complications during treatment abroad?
You can look at the risks of certain treatments under their respective descriptions. Our clinic is known for its expertise and high healthcare standards; therefore, the risks are kept to a minimum.
While you are still in Lithuania: in case you are feeling unwell or there is anything abnormal, you will be immediately checked upon by the medical personnel. Should there be a need for a follow-up procedure, it would be carried out for you free of charge.
Complication in the later stages of the recovery is even rarer and most of the time not an emergency. If they happen, our surgeon would consult you online and explain the steps to take.
What about health insurance?
If your home country’s is in the EU/EEA, your medical insurance should be valid in LIthuania too (you need to possess European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), however). If unsure, please check with your national insurer.
Why would I choose Lithuania for medical travel?
- All-inclusive care
- European Union standards in healthcare
- Modern facilities with a state-of-art equipment
- Latest methods and techniques in treatment
- Professional and internationally acclaimed specialists
- Low costs
- Total privacy and confidentiality
Moreover, convenient air-travel make it easy to plan your trip and the calming nature of Lithuania will make your recovery easier.
Why health care is less expensive in Lithuania?
Even though the cost of health care is less, its quality is world class. The most experienced and internationally acclaimed specialists are working at our clinic.
You can watch our explanatory video on Youtube.
Will there be a language barrier in Lithuania?
In general, Lithuanians have good command of English. Yet, this is less true among the older generation.
How to reach Lithuania?
You can either contact us for the most convenient/cheapest flight options or look them up yourself on our platform or e.g. Skyscanner.
What is Wellness Travels?
We like to say that our clinic is not a factory. That is we work only with a limited number of patients per year. That helps us to provide our best and give much-needed personal attention to the people.
What services do you provide?
Our treatment packages also include the following:
- Making sure our patients have all the relevant information on time
- Organising initial online consultations with the surgeon
- Reserving the necessary facilities & specialists for the treatment
- Finding the best possible travel & accommodation for you
- Assisting 24/7 while in Lithuania
- Organising transportation between the clinic, hotel & airport
- Taking care of your co-travellers
- Arranging the needed relaxation/leisure & anything else required by the patient
- Providing necessary support in later stages of recovery
How experienced are your surgeons?
Want to learn more? Read on. Alternatively, you can have a free online consultation and get to know the doctor yourself.
How long are the waiting times at your clinic?
In case of smaller procedures, we might be able to accommodate them in to our schedule on a short notice. Simply contact us & we will let you know all the possibilities.
Can I get an online consultation with my surgeon?
During the consultation the doctor will:
- Answer your questions/concerns
- Tell about the treatment & risks involved
- Evaluate your individual case/needs
- Give you an advice/recommendations
- Prepare a treatment plan for you
All of this non-binding, so you can decide whether to come to Lithuania later.
Do I have to see a medical professional before coming to Lithuania?
What about post-treatment care in medical travel?
Wellness Travels will definitely not forget you when you come back to your home country. We will provide you with emergency contacts, timely assistance & rehabiltation advice.
In some rare cases, you may need a special medical care after leaving Lithuania. If so, you will be asked to talk with your local primary care specialist before the trip so that they can give you the necessary care afterwards.
How do I proceed with Wellness Travels?
- Live chat
- Inquiry form
- Direct email ([email protected])
- Phone call (+442081445223)
- Whatsapp/Viber (+37065881507)
- Requesting a call back
Is the result guaranteed?
Take a look at before/after gallery of our plastis surgeries.
How do you ensure privacy/safety of my personal information?
- No personal data is being held on our own servers/database;
- All such data goes directy to a secure server provided by Google;
- Only authorised personnel has access to it;
- Personal data is deleted after 6 months;
- No credit card data is stored. All transactions are handled by trusted & secure third parties (either Paypal or Paysera).
Do you have social responsibility?
How much will it cost me? Are there any hidden costs?
Please note, however, that the treatment is unique for every individual (i.e. there might be less/more required). Therefore, it is necessary that the surgeon looks at your case & provides his recommendations. For that please fill-in a safe form on our website.
Worth knowing: when 2 or more surgeries are carried out together, big discounts are applied.
How much will I save by choosing Wellness Travels?
Check out our treatments’ price comparison with your country (available: UK, Ireland, Scandinavian countries & The Netherlands).
Is it possible to get reimbursed for treatment abroad?
Treatments that are likely to be reimbursed (yet, that depends on every individual case, as well as insurer’s policies): tummy tuck, breast reduction, arm lift and thigh lift (usually, after bariatric/weight-loss treatment), eyelid correction, nose bridge correction, snorring treatment, etc.
Read more here.
How do I pay for everything?
The deposit payment can be done easily via a bank transfer, PayPal or with a credit card.