Deciding to go for a treatment abroad is related to a number of advantages. However, before going into that, it is worth noting that if the treatment is compensated by the local health insurer, EU directive 2011/24/EU allows to ask for reimbursement even if you over go the treatment abroad in another member state. Read more about this possibility here or contact your healthcare insurance company.
Patients are entitled to seek healthcare abroad without prior authorisation or other formalities, and claim reimbursement upon their return home
- EU Directive 2011/24/EU
Besides, using “Wellness Travels” services will also grant you the following benefits:
- Short or no waiting times. Most of the procedures we offer may be done in less than a month. If in your home country you have to wait for longer periods of time, going abroad for the same procedure seems like a viable option for you. Why wait, just inquire us and we will book everything for you as soon as possible.
- Range of procedures. We may offer procedures, which are unavailable in your country/region due to reasons, such as bioethical legislation. Please check the available procedures under treatments or just inquire us, and we may arrange the needed procedure abroad.
- Highest standard medicine. We make sure that our medical partners are the most qualitative facilities in Lithuania. After careful selection process, “Wellness Travels” works exclusively with institutions that employ doctors and medical personnel, accredited in various EU countries (e.g. Sweden and UK). Another requirement for our partner facilities is state-of-art equipment and the latest methods/techniques incorporated in procedures. Hence, we can offer you treatment, which guarantees maximum result under maximum safety.
- All-inclusive care. While in Lithuania you will be taken care of 24/7. This includes luxury accommodation, meal services and other extras. We want you to make feel comfortable and relaxed, just as you would in a perfect holiday. So just relax, forget about your problems and headaches at home and enjoy this restful holiday.
- Discover another country. While on a medical trip, you are encouraged to travel around the country and tour its sightseeing objects. There is a wide list of those in Lithuania – around 1000 – thus you will surely find something unique and astonishing. For more information on tourism, sights and leisure in Lithuania, read here.
- If you have to pay out of your own pocket for the treatment, medical tourism allows you to save substantially. While we offer all the benefits mentioned above, we also do it in affordable prices. The medical costs are lower in Lithuania due to lower taxes, less expensive and more abundant labour, etc. Even with all the costs included, the price of the treatment is up to three times lower in Lithuania than in Western Europe or Scandinavia. Is it hard to believe? Check our price comparison.
- Free online consultation. With us you can have a non-binding and free consultation with our experienced plastic surgeon or a professional of other area right from your home (usually by Skype). During the call all your questions related to your desired medical treatment will be answered, also you will get extensive recommendations and advice. The doctor as well explains how your wanted procedures are carried out and quotes you the exact prices. Therefore, you will know what is going to happen and how much you need to pay for the medical treatment long before booking flights.
This post is also available in: Swedish