More than 150 experienced and highly qualified doctors – specialists in 53 fields of medical practice – are providing consultations and treatments to patients at the Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Centre. Among them are 40 PhDs, professors and associated professors – acknowledged specialists of medicine both in Lithuania and abroad.
The center specialize in:
- Preventive health-check programmes
- Modern laboratory tests
- Instrumental examinations
The superior quality of the lab tests and their reliability are ensured through internal and external quality systems. The accuracy of the Centre lab tests is controlled by the quality system LABQUALITY (Finland), which is certified under the ISO 9002 standard. In 2011 Laboratory Diagnostic Centre was the first in Lithuania to be accredited to international ISO 15189 standard designed expressly for medical laboratories.
They are continuously striving to improve health care service quality and patient servicing, to ensure comprehensive customer satisfaction with the received healthcare services and to increase the trust in the organisation itself, therefore, we have introduced a quality management system complying with international standard LST EN ISO 9001:2000.
You can pay by cash, card or bank transfer.
If you pay by American Express, they give a discount of – 5% off doctors-specialists’ consultations and both instrumental and laboratory examinations. The discount of 7 % for clinical laboratory examinations is given to pensioners.
You can also pay by installments within the chosen period under a leasing agreement with the Centre. It is possible to choose one of the leasing periods listed below:
- advance payment – 0%;
- leasing period 3-36 months;
- minimal payment in accordance with the chosen payment schedule – 6.7 EUR /month;
The center co-operates with foreign Life Insurance Companies
Click to show/hide the list
- Aetna International (USA);
- Allianz Worldwide Care Ltd. (Ireland);
- AXA Krankenversicherung AG (Germany);
- AXA PPP Healthcare (United Kingdom);
- BUPA International (United Kingdom);
- CARPS (France);
- Cigna International (USA);
- DKV Seguros (Spain);
- EuroAlarm Assistance Prague (Czech Republic);
- EuroCross International (Holland);
- Eurooppalainen (Finland);
- Europ-Assistance (Russia);
- European Benefits Administrators (France);
- Global Voyager Assistance (Russia);
- GMC (France);
- IF P&C Insurance Co. (Finland);
- IMG (International Medical Group) (USA);
- International Health Insurance (Denmark);
- International SOS (Czech Republic);
- MedAire (USA);
- Seven Corners (USA);
- SOS International (Denmark);
- Tricare (England);
- TRYG (Denmark);
- VanBreda International (Belgium);
- Worldwide Insurance Company (USA) and others.
A person holding a health insurance policy issued by any of the insurance companies mentioned above will receive free medical services in the Centre, covered by the policy signed. When paying for medical services via foreign insurance companies, please provide them with the following documents: ID or passport, insurance policy and insurance forms.
Most foreign health insurance companies reimburse medical expenses in case of a sudden illness, injury, annual health examination, dentist services and medication. Both state and private medical care institutions may be at service of the insured to provide with medical services, reimbursed by insurance companies.
Paid health insurance services. Every insurance version includes a rather specific list of paid services. It is laid out in the insurance agreement and described in detail in the information book, which is handed to the patient together with the insurance policy. The health insurance is quite a subtle and personal insurance agreement, the content of which is determined by the age, health status and installment value of the insured.
The main groups of paid health care services are as follows:
- doctors’ consultations, laboratory and instrumental examinations, additional consultations of specialists, the call;
- all hospitalization services: surgeries, consultations, bed-days; paid services of comfort: telephone calls, TV services, single ward;
- dentistry (prosthetic appliance not included) – with respect to the chosen insurance version, the limits are usually indicated;
- reimbursement of medications when presented together with treatment expenses.
- treatment of the addicted to psychoactive substances (drugs, alcohol);
- unconventional medical treatment;
- treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS, HIV and potency disorder;
- cosmetic and plastic surgeries;
- treatment of chronic illnesses. Exception: some insurance companies reimburse chronic illness treatment expenses in case the illness has been diagnosed after a certain period of time since the acquisition of health insurance policy.
7 Reasons to Choose the Center
- They have gathered a team of professional physicians representing all main fields of medicine – A team of over 150 highly qualified healthcare professionals, whose practice covers 53 fields of medicine, including over 40 honorary PhDs, professors, medical doctors, and associated professors renowned not only in Lithuania but also abroad. Experienced physicians, laboratory personnel and nurses form a smoothly working team, which is their key factor of their differentiation and advantage.
- They base their cooperation with patients on respect and attention – They treat every patient as a value: they demonstrate respect, attention and understanding. They take care of them from the minute they enter the Centre to the minute they leave it, and always show interest in how are patients getting well after they leave the Centre.
- They offer a wide range of health care services – Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Centre offers over 1,100 different health care, prevention, diagnostic and therapeutic and surgery services to its patients. They carry out over 500 different types of laboratory tests: from usual blood or urine tests to the most complex cancer trace tests and molecular diagnostic.
- They use modern and safe equipment – The Centre purchases medical and laboratory equipment, medical surgery tools and facilities from the most reliable global suppliers known for the highest quality: Siemens, General Eletric, Olympus, Karl Storz, Alcon, Roche, etc.
- They protect patient privacy and ensure data safety – Programmers of Medical diagnostic and Treatment centre have developed a unique information system Med.I.S, which is adapted to the needs of the health care institution. Thanks to it, they can ensure confidentiality of personal information, information on patient’s health and rendered services.
- They render high quality service – Quality of service at the Medical Centre meets the highest European standards; Medical Centre is certified under the international ISO standard: LST EN ISO 9001:2008. Precision of laboratory tests carried out at the Centre is controlled under the LABQUALITY system (Finland), which is certified under the ISO 9001 standard.
- They cooperate with a number of Lithuanian and foreign life and health insurance companies – They cooperate with a number of foreign life and health insurance companies: AXA PPP Healthcare (United Kingdom), BUPA International (United Kingdom), Allianz Worldwide Care Ltd. (Ireland), Aetna International (USA), Cigna International (USA), Euro-Alarm A/S (Denmark), International Health Insurance (Denmark), etc. Private life and health insurance companies cover treatment costs of their clients.
I recently had an appointment at Medcentras and I just wanted to feedback that I was extremely impressed with the service; from reception to the appointment and the pharmacy your organisation was very impressive. This was very reassuring because I was on a business trip and it is anxiety provoking to use medical services when you are abroad. Your staff are a credit to your organisation. Thank you very much!
I wanted to say your center exceeded my expectations. I came for a cardiology study as a result of chest pains. Check-in was fast and I was soon in front of my specialist, Vidmante Milasiene, who guided me through each phase. Everyone spoke English and at the completion Vidmante explained each result. She said English class was at 1400. (hah)!! A result was no available that day but the next morning the telephone rang with my results. I shall recommend this facility to those who come to build the new power station (hopefully). Should I have further medical needs I will return. You are a first class, 5 star facility with a motivated staff. Thank you for your care.
- Richard Kroll
I just wanted to express my gratitude and thanks for looking after me so well on my recent visits to your clinic (head wound from road accident). Your calmness of approach and reassurance throughout the procedures gave me a great deal of confidence and displaced many of my fears. It was not easy being a “patient” in a foreign country, particularly when I did not speak very much Lithuanian and your command of English was excellent. Would you also pass on my very best wishes to the nurse (whose name I did not get) who cared for me with sensitivity, warmth and whose smile provided a great deal of reassurance to me, she is an absolute credit to her profession. I have an appointment to see my own doctor today to review my progress. Once again many thanks for your kindness and professionalism.
- Terry Gregory (England)
I was in Lithuania to oversee the start of the reconstruction of the chain’s newly acquired Taikioji Neris hotel in Kaunas, when I suffered a serious torn meniscus in my knee. A colleague of mine recommended me the clinic, where I had surgery, stayed overnight, and then walked out without assistance the following morning. The pain was terrible, but I managed to make an appointment at the Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center at very short notice. Darijus Rimas, MD, who later did the surgery, immediately put me at easy by his ability to communicate. Almost everyone at the Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center speaks English. I can honestly say that it was the most impressive medical service I’ve ever experienced. In addition to that, the treatment, which I paid for by my BUPA health insurance in the UK, was an improvement on countries like Sweden. I was given detailed explanations about the surgery. I felt safe and comfortable in my room. The nurse was very kind and helpful and the service was really excellent.
- Bengt Brustad (Reval Hotels COO)
I think that the main advantage of the Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is that patients can get all the services they need – their ailment can be diagnosed and proper treatment or a health check can be done – in just one day. My Swedish colleagues from Senior Partners club agree that prices in the Centre are very attractive. They plan to come to Lithuania not only for health checks or operations but also to visit places of interest, cultural and historical monuments.
- Rima Ingstag (Director of Swedish Business Center)